Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Dog Days of Summer

If it was up to me, I would be out on the water everyday, but unfortunately, not everyone in my life shares this ideology and I have had to take some time to enjoy the other summer activities.

As is typical for this time of year, water temperatures are starting to reach the upper limit of safety for our finned friends. After 2 weeks of 30 C (86 F) plus weather, Mother Nature finally loosened her grip, giving us a few days of comfort. On July 19th, I managed to escape to the river, albeit for only a few short hours.

Water temperature was noticeably warmer than my previous outing, but still within the comfort zone for Brown Trout. Not a cloud could be seen, and the sun seemed to concentrate all its efforts on the back of my neck. Rain had fallen a few days prior, and the river's flow appeared to be running extra fast in its futile attempt to escape the beating rays of daylight.

Thoroughly, I fished each pocket, pool, and undercut but the fishing was fishing, and not much catching. I had intended on taking a few pictures this day in appreciation of the area's beauty, but I broke rule number one of blogging by leaving my camera at home.

At the end of the day, my efforts yielded 2 pint-sized Browns and 2 even smaller rainbows. But as all fishermen say when they've had a less than stellar day, it sure was great just being out there - and within this phrase lies much truth. I think I'll pay a visit to my speckled friends upstream the next time I'm able to escape the confines of everyday life. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home