Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Relentless Pursuit


Today the skies wept, and fishermen smiled. . . except those who were outside fishing. These days, I find there is very little that can stop me from wetting a line. I'm starting to think that dementia has finally laid permanent residence in my psyche. Today, I stood waist deep in ice water, as the winds swept off Lake Erie turning my drift upstream. Torrential rain fell mercilessly as if Earth's gravitational pull had shifted, as it pelted me from the side. Handsome bars of chrome occasionally revealed themselves as they porpoised and rolled in the distance and out of reach.

I sometimes wonder what alien beings would think of our race if they were looking down on me (just one of the many things I ponder while fishing). You can thank me for keeping them guessing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Trotsky said...

Nice fish...and yes we are all nuts.

7:29 AM  
Blogger lambton said...

Another 8 hours or so and you would have been swept into lake Erie.
I still have yet to experience this river. I came very close last week but that system changed my plans. Hopefully soon.
Nice fish!

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home