Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Perfect FUV?

My recent search for the perfect fishing automobile (my wife is obviously looking for other features in a car) has precluded me from wetting a line lately. After months of keeping my eyes and ears close to the automobile market in search of "the one", we've finally decided on the Toyota RAV4. Aside from its 4WD capabilities, it can tow 3500 pounds just in case. With lots of room to store the gear and good ground clearance I should be able to get to those hard to reach places. Although I'm going to miss my Integra GS-R immensely, it never faired very well off-road.

After considering fuel economy, and utility, I think I've come close to finding the perfect FUV (Fishing Utility Vehicle), although I'm curious to hear the opinions of others. Comments are welcome.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good, BCM. Some years back, I fished with more expensive rod than the car I drove.

5:26 AM  
Blogger SD said...

For the most part my FUV's have been nothing but PU's.

I found they were the best venue for toting around the Float Tube & now Pontoon, while keeping Roe/Salmonid smelling gear secluded in the back. Their drawback is obviously fuel consumption. The current incarnation is a Quad Cab dakota 4x4, ample room to take along those fishing buddies w/lesser passenger capable cars/trucks

My then wife drives a Sente Fe SUV. It gas milage was stellar driving to FLA last year at over 550Km/tank avg. Alas I now longer have access to that vehicle now.

I'm now looking at the modern day day muscle car/hearse re-creation in the Dodge Magnum. Maybe i'll get my NASCAR on in the Charger instead??

6:57 AM  
Blogger BCM said...

SD: I would have to agree with you. The Pick-up is probably the ideal FUV. Unfortunately, my heavy foot in combination with a V8 equates to a large contribution towards to rise in oil stocks.

Opax: I think we can all relate to that statement. I still have sentiment for my 1985 Toyota Corolla hatchback.

8:00 AM  
Blogger SD said...

The "Goat" as I call it (as it's not a full size Ram) has a 7800Lb cpacity off the trailer package. That's a fair size RV!

Far more then the #2000Lb Hewes Redfisher Flats Skiff I have in mind...

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home