Saturday, May 12, 2007

Molecular Milestone


As I wait in anticipation of tomorrow afternoon's Hendrickson (Ephemerella subvaria) hatch and in celebration of the 50th post of this tiny molecule of cyberspace, I thought I would tie up a couple commemorative concoctions that I'm hoping will fool a few of the lesser intelligent ones (I don't even try for the smart ones). If they do nothing but make a fool of their tyer, then they just may be accidentally lodged in a far reaching branch of an oak tree. The first one is a classic Catskill dry fly and the other is what I'm hoping will resemble a Hendrickson Emerger - both tied in a monstrous size 12 - yup, those UC Ephemerella are plump!
Now I just have to find a good nymph pattern. . .

3 Comments:

Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

i gotta catch me a brown trout. i've only seen one in real life and it was dead.

great story.

11:45 PM  
Blogger The Mad Fishicist said...

preceding comment was supposed to go with succeeding post. sorry.

9:08 PM  
Blogger BCM said...

Thanks fellow madman. Yes, an angry Brown Trout testing the integrity of your line, rod, and your wits is far more satisfying than the extent in which you've seen them so far ;O)

On the other hand, I long for the day when I can bask in the utopia of an Alaskan Steelhead River.

Thanks for commenting.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home