Friday, October 27, 2006

Finally. . .A Day of Fishing

Today, I decided to put aside my busy schedule and dedicate it to a day of Steelheading. If you have been reading up to this point, you are aware that as of October 26th, I haven't yet been blessed with the good fortune of landing a Steelhead of this fall. Although they arrived in my local rivers earlier this season than in years past (at least those in recent memory - which isn't long) and most everyone that I know has already battled a multitude of them, I have remained in the company of skunks. Had I been forever cursed with Fisherman's Law? Had the Steelhead finally surpassed my mediocre level of wit and charm? - Likely.

Today, I set out to find some answers to these burning questions. After much contemplation and consultation with a good soul that must have felt pity on me, I decided to tackle once again the unmerciful Nottawasaga River, but this time I was to explore parts my eyes had never before seen. My consultant had me driving my new car through farmer's fields, private property, dirt roads and steep, narrow inclines, but all I could think about were the steelhead waiting for me. The Nottawasaga was as unforgiving as ever, as she attempted to foil my mission with her steep muddy gradients, timber strewn banks, and dense foliage. But today, I was unstoppable, and today, what lay before me, was my first Steelhead of the season.


7 Comments:

Blogger BCM said...

Maybe I should keep a tab.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Chinook7 said...

Invoices are to be paid out in either McDonalds French Fries or Canadian Tire money. Beautiful fish, Brian. The blush highlights in the fins are superb.

Cheers,

Joe

11:56 AM  
Blogger BCM said...

Thanks Joe. I added another shot that highlights the pink appendages, sides and cheeks. That fish is more masculine than I, as I could never get away with wearing so much pink.

I like your currency.

10:57 PM  
Blogger BCM said...

Wallacio, you're getting much too expensive for me now.

. . . How much would you like and in what denominations? They'll be there by same-day courier.

8:13 AM  
Blogger SD said...

I "guide" at a slight cheap rate myself at times...

A cup o "Timmie's" will suffice as payment most days ;-)

6:38 AM  
Blogger SD said...

I "guide" at a slight cheap rate myself at times...

A cup o "Timmie's" will suffice as payment most days ;-)

6:39 AM  
Blogger BCM said...

You know, there are a great many that would readily give up their first born for said "honey holes".

But then again, what would you do with so many kids running around
:-)

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home