Monday, October 16, 2006

Fisherman's Law

Why is it that the best time to fish is when you're unable to? I don't know how many times I've excitedly made my way to the river to have someone tell me that I should have been there yesterday. Too many times have I been sitting here in my office focused on work, when an email arrives to inform me that I should be at the river NOW - nothing ruins a day faster - no longer can I think about work - no way can I do what I'm thinking about. I am left paralyzed.

This occurrence is far too common, and I therefore must call it the "Fisherman's Law" (although I wonder if Murphy was a fisherman?).

Such is the case once again. The volatile weather in Southern Ontario over the past week has prompted very healthy runs of Steelhead into virtually all rivers in the area, which has prompted very healthy fishing reports of many fish being caught.

And once again, Fisherman's Law has reared its ugly head, and I will once again miss this early season wingding.

photo courtesy of Wallacio

3 Comments:

Blogger BCM said...

Well said.

I am as green as ivy.

7:17 PM  
Blogger SD said...

Not so bad when it's under an hour away, it's bearable & you can always convince yourself it was time well spent. Even if it was a bust.

Worse is to travel 12+ hrs in anticipation of a bait blitz to a noted Eastern Seaboard locale like last year & find that the bait has moved on..

8:16 AM  
Blogger BCM said...

SD, I can certainly relate to scenario #2. How about traveling to Northern BC to chase monster Steelhead and Coho, to find blown out rivers. What a beautiful place though. I will definitely find myself back there.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home