Thursday, November 23, 2006

Redemption is Sweet


Although an occasional skunking is good for the health of every fisherman's psyche, staying in the company of skunks for consecutive outings can have the opposite effect. This morning before checking into the office, I was fortunate enough to redeem myself from yestertrip's event with a lovely 8lb male Steelhead on the Lower Credit River. He wasn't the acrobatic type, but his frantic headshakes and screaming runs had my adrenaline flowing. 100 metres downstream and 5 minutes later, I finally managed to tail him.


No need for that morning coffee.

3 Comments:

Blogger lambton said...

Congrats :O)
I wish I could start my mornings on the river. Set ones mind in the right state.
Very nice photography.
regards,
lambton

5:27 PM  
Blogger Chinook7 said...

Beautiful.

That is a great river, I would like to visit it more in the quest for Rainbows, though they are seem to move through quite readily; not holding in traditional lies as Chinook and Coho do. On the subject of the 'skunk', you cannot catch fish all of the time, though you have a propensity for doing so on most outings.

All the best,

Joe

PS - Long live the IM6!

6:03 PM  
Blogger BCM said...

Thanks for the kind remarks!

I agree; there's not a better way to start the day, and I'm fortunate to have a river so close to home.

"Long live the IM6!" - LOL. I do love my IM6.

On the topic of the Credit, if new regs result in greater access, it will certainly be worth a stop.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home